Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Celsius Supplement Drink Review

Celsius – “Your Ultimate Fitness Partner” - is a pre-exercise supplement drink that helps to burn calories, boost metabolism, reduce body fat, increase endurance, and provide lasting energy when you drink it before physical activity. It is backed by six clinical scientific studies and has been shown to help burn calories.

Celsius contains no sugar, high fructose corn syrup, aspartame, artificial flavors, colors or preservatives, and it’s very low in sodium. It is powered by a proprietary blend of ingredients: MetaPlus which includes Green Tea with EGCG, Ginger, Caffeine, Calcium, Chromium, B Vitamins and Vitamic C.

I am very impressed with the fact that Celsius does not contain aspartame. I have heard so many negative things about aspartame and just recently decided to avoid it because I have read that it inhibits weight loss as well. So I looked through all my sugar free drink mixes and even SlimQuick drink mix, and guess what – they all contain aspartame! But not Celsius, it is natural and contains only good and healthy ingredients that I can actually pronounce.

I was wary of tasting the Celsius drinks I received for review since they don’t have artificial flavors, but they were actually good and quite refreshing. I especially enjoyed the sparkling orange and wild berry. The non-carbonated cans of Celsius were great too. I also received a pack of Celsius “On-The-Go” stick packets, which is awesome because I love taking drink mixes to work. Even if Celsius wasn't a calorie-burning drink, I would still drink it just for the fact that it’s a healthy alternative to sugar free drink mixes. And it has little or no carbs, which is also a plus for me since I am doing a low-carb diet.

The materials say to drink Celsius 15 minutes prior to moderate exercise, but I drank most of the cans even when I was just working around the house and not really doing a workout, but still getting some physical activity. I still feel like it was effective in helping with my energy levels and boosting my metabolism. And with almost no calories or carbs, this is definitely the pre-exercise drink I would choose. I am about to start training for a 10K (I know, I don't believe I can do it either!) and I think Celsius will be great to drink before my runs.

Celsius is available at many mass retailers and grocery stores like Walmart, Cub Foods, Hy-Vee, Walgreens, and Shopko. 

Disclaimer: I was given this product free of charge for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own experiences with the product. Individual results may vary. No other compensation was given.







No comments: