Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Atkins Adventure, Week 5: Making Progress and Sticking With It

Well, it's official - I've lost 12 pounds! I don't know how I lost 4 pounds in the last week, but I weighed myself several times this morning to make sure the scale wasn't lying to me. I hope it's not just one of those one-day things and I won't weigh in next week to find those 4 pounds back on. But, I have to THINK POSITIVE!

I guess I do know how I lost those 4 pounds, I stuck with the program! I was getting disheartened because I have sacrificed so much for this diet program but the scale wasn't moving the past few weeks... Suffice it to say that when the scale does move, I feel that much more motivated to keep going! I think what's hard is that I'm still on the strictest phase of Atkins and I still cannot have fruit. I love apples and had to have a few bites the other night because Fall is the best time for apples. I am sad without my apples!! But when the scale moves I remember why I am going without them for now.

I'm not going to lie, I am getting sick of eggs. They are so easy and great, but dang, I am just sick of them. So for this week I have avoided eggs and tried to do some different things. I had a chuck roast in the freezer that I had gotten awhile ago, so I threw that in the crock pot and it was delicious plus extremely easy. I think the crock pot will be a God-send for this whole meat-eating thing, since I hate cooking meat.


Last night I went to Applebee's with my friend and ordered a small steak with grilled shrimp on it. It was delicious, and there was some broccoli on the side, but it wasn't very much, so I ended up eating half of the baked potato that came with it. And I felt GUILTY. Can you believe it - guilty for eating a baked potato? I only felt guilty since I know it was more than 20 net carbs which is what I'm supposed to stick to for the Induction phase, but for me that's a good sign to feel guilty eating a potato considering I never used to feel guilty eating a Whopper Junior and fries. Anyway, that is the one nice thing about Atkins is that even though it seems kind of restrictive, it doesn't give me the option to have the foods I end up binging on. I have realized that my self-control isn't all that great, so when I tried keeping track of Weight Watchers points, I would go overboard since I could "still have" all the good stuff. With Atkins, it's just not an option and it seems easier to overcome my cravings that way.

Well that's all for now, later today I'll be sharing a post about Hypnosis for weight loss that I tried through a community education program.



No comments: