Monday, September 20, 2010

My First 5K!

I participated in my very first 5k this Saturday! As I have said before, I am not a runner and never have been, so the fact that I even ran part of the 5k is an accomplishment for me! There was a huge winding hill at the end that I had to walk, so that slowed me down a bit, and I walked a few other times too between running. But still I finished in 48 minutes so when you think about it, that's like a 16 minute mile - pretty good for me I think!

I had been feeling sick for days before the race so I was super nervous about being too sick to even do it, but I still ran the 5k and accomplished something! Plus since it was a run/walk, I didn't come in last since there were walkers behind me! :) I also discovered that I am a slow walker (thanks to my midgety legs) because the parts I did walk, some of the walkers started passing me! So I basically had to run to stay ahead of the walkers, lol. I guess it's a good incentive to run instead of walk!

My roommate & I staying warm in the car before the race - It was about 46 degrees that morning!


I was lucky #1 for the race! (Too bad I didn't finish first, lol)

Maybe I will do another race in the future and run the entire thing... But for now, I am proud to be able to say that I participated in a 5k and lived to tell about it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job with your 5K! that's awesome. =) Cute pics too.

I am following this and your other blog and subscribed to your email via your other site. =)

I hope you have a great day.

www.joyfulhousewife.com

BrettBMartin said...

i'm working on a 5k too!! WAY TO GO!!

i'm GFC following since you don't have email subscribe on this blog - stopping by from Mailbox Mondays

www.mamalovesherbargains.com

HBrummett said...

YEAH! Way to go! THANKS FOR LINKING UP AT MAKING FRIENDS MONDAY! I AM NOW FOLLOWING YOU. I LOOK FORWARD TO READING MORE FROM YOU. IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, I HOPE YOU WILL STOP BY AND FOLLOW ME TOO! HAVE A GREAT WEEK! www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com

Riema's Journey said...

i am now following you from making friends monday. I can be found here:http://www.riemasjourney.blogspot.com

Jessi S. said...

Congratulations on the 5K. :D

I'm a new follower from the Making Friends Monday blog hop.

http://www.jessisbubble.com
@jessisbubble

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy said...

Hi! I'm visiting (& following) from Tuesday Tag Along.

Congrats on finishing your first 5k!

Linda @ Linda's Lunacy
http://www.lindaslunacy.blogspot.com

Rheanna Bristol said...

Oh I soooo wanted to do a 5K in November. I am sooo not ready!
Thanks for linking up next week! We are taking charge of the next week, so come link up again!