Friday, September 10, 2010

Atkins Adventure - Day 4, Grocery Deals

Last night I stopped at Cub Foods to use some great coupons that I received in the mail from their weekly coupon book (These books should be available in stores and are valid from 9/10 to 9/25, and you can view them online at www.cubfoods.com along with the weekly ad coupons.)

Here is what I got for my Atkins adventure:
B1G1 Fresh Express Spinach - 2 bags of spinach for $2.49
B1G1 Nature Vine Sweetened Cherry Tomatoes - 2 bunches tomatoes for $3.49
B1G1 Simeks Meatballs - 2 bags frozen meatballs for $9.69
B1G1 Premium Angus Beef Boneless Sirloin Grill Steak - 2 packages steaks for $6.09
$3 off Arctic Shores cooked, peeled & deveined frozen shrimp - 3 bags for under $15 ($4.99 each)

I also got a rotisserie chicken for the first time ever (they always smell so good in the deli area!) It was only $6.48 plus there was a $1 off coupon attached to it, so I got a hot rotisserie chicken for $5.48.  I will tell you, for me - someone who hates cooking meat - rotisserie chickens might just be my God-send! I ate it for dinner last night - not the whole thing, but plenty of it! It was very good plus I have leftovers too, all for under six bucks! I also enjoyed sugar free Jello with whipped cream last night, and I literally said "Mmm Mmm Good!" (Oh wait, that's Campbell's soups slogan!)

Anyway, so far so good, I THINK. I don't feel like I have lost anything yet but I will wait until my Wednesday weigh-in to find out. But I will tell you one thing, if I gain any poundage in these first 2 weeks of induction, I will throw in the towel and find something new! I guess I am paranoid about gaining because I am eating so much meat and protein and I'm not used to that. But we will see!! This weekend will be hard since I am going to a party where there will be lots of temptations. I am used to eating junk on the weekends and no alcohol is allowed in induction. But I will resist because if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right!

No comments: